What advice would you give in choosing a roof contractor?
Consider the following when choosing a contractor:
- Look for an established, licensed and insured roofer who is willing to furnish you with referrals when asked.
- Ask to see certificates of insurance to be sure both liability and workers' compensation insurance coverage is carried.
- Insist on a detailed written estimate stating the name and brand of shingles, work details, approximate starting and ending date and payment procedures.
- Carefully review both warranties and guarantees that are offered. Do not rely on verbal promises. Check to see if the company guarantee is transferable.
- Be skeptical of bids considerably lower than the average range.
- Check to see if the company waives all lien rights to the property shown as the principal residence of the buyer. Ask about safety considerations provided by the roofing contractor.
- If concerned, check with the Better Business Bureau for a record of recent complaints.
[ Learn More ]